In this episode I . . .
Answer the question: What are Storyworld Shorts? And I share why I decided to embark upon this new adventure.
I explain all the ways to follow Storyworld Shorts, such as:
1. Subscribe to my YouTube channel. Be sure to change your settings so you get notified when new videos are posted.
2. Follow my blog by filling out the “Get new posts by email” box on the right-hand size of the footer in this website. (Scroll to the bottom of this page and look right.)
3. Subscribe to my monthly newsletter, which you can do by clicking on this link or by filling out the sign-up form, which is right below the “Get new posts by email” box on the right-hand side of the footer in this website. (Scroll all the way to the bottom of this page and look right.) Those who sign up for my newsletter get my free PDF booklet How To Finish a First Draft.
4. Subscribe to the podcast. The sign up buttons are in the center of the footer. (Scroll to the bottom of this page and look in the middle.)
5. Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest, where I’ll post announcements with links to new episodes.
Storyworld Shorts are by nature short. Each week these episodes will build upon one another and eventually give you a thorough understanding of how to write a novel. Some of the topics/series I will discuss in weeks to come are:
-How to come up with a great idea
-Creating compelling characters
-Different types of plots
-How to outline and plan your novel
-How to add themes to your story
-Tackling a major rewrite
-How to edit your book
I’ll also be doing a monthly Q&A Live video, in which I’ll answer listener questions. Submit your questions by clicking “Contact Jill” in the menu above. If you are new and don’t know where to start, check out the Archives page to get a list of all the episodes.